Los Angeles Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Federal law and the state laws of California protect citizens against possible retaliation when engaging in whistleblower “protected activities” against an employer. The Hennig Ruiz Law Firm has a team of highly experienced Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers who will help you to stand up for your rights and fight for the financial compensation that you so richly deserve.
Whistleblower Retaliation is a special subset of retaliation claims where an employer subjects an employee to negative treatment in the workplace for the employee’s reporting of illegal activity being committed by the employer. Like other types of Retaliation, the treatment can range from disciplinary action, negative performance reviews, denial of training, denial of promotions, denial of raises, and termination.
There are many different forms of whistleblower protection law that protect employees, agents, and even contractors from reprisal or retaliation. The most important ones include:
- The Federal False Claims Act protects whistleblowers when reporting government fraud.
- The Dodd-Frank Act protects whistleblowers when reporting misconduct to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, or the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act protects whistleblowers when reporting violations of bank fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, and securities fraud.
What are some examples of whistleblower retaliation?
If you have first-hand knowledge of fraud, corruption, or wrongdoing involving agencies or companies in either the private or public sectors, your rights are protected under the law when filing a lawsuit on behalf of the government. It is considered unlawful for an employer to retaliate in for filing such a lawsuit. any way. Possible retaliatory actions might include:
- Termination of Employment
- Employment Demotions
- Denial of Employment Promotions
- Denial of Pay Increases
- Negative Performance Evaluations
- Decreasing Work Hours, Salary, or Hourly Wages
- Public Embarrassment, Ridicule, or Harassment
- fAnd Many Other Types of Disciplinary Actions
Are you a victim of whistleblower retaliation?
Our team of highly qualified Workplace Retaliation Lawyers specializes in representing employees who have become victims of employer retaliation after reporting a whistleblowing charge to local, state, or federal agencies. The levels of protection can vary greatly, depending on the individual circumstances of the case, but the law states that retaliation is unlawful when an employee engages in certain “protected activities,” including:
- Reporting Illegal Conduct
- Refusing to Engage in Illegal Conduct
- Reporting Fraud
- Reporting Legal Violations
- Reporting Deceptive Business Practices
- Reporting Falsification of Financial Documents
- Reporting Violations of Health and Safety Codes
- Making Claims of Harassment or Discrimination
- Filling Wage Claims with the California Labor Commissioner
- Filing Lawsuits
- Assisting Another Employee to File a Lawsuit or Claim
The First Amendment guarantees the right to freedom of speech and to petition for redress of grievances. Unfortunately, sometimes when employees speak out on the job, they can fall victim to employer retaliation and other types of discriminatory practices. Our team of highly experienced Employment Retaliation Lawyers strongly believe that those employees who obey the law should not be penalized or retaliated against in any way.
Do you need a Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney?
If you believe that you have become a victim of whistleblowing retaliation in the Greater Los Angeles area, Hennig Ruiz always recommends that you first follow your employer’s internal policies and procedures for making such a claim. Make sure you document the entire process thoroughly. This documentation may become key evidence in a future litigation and ultimately at court trial.
Our role as your team of Workplace Retaliation Lawyers is to work with our clients to determine which whistleblower laws are applicable and to present the strongest possible case on your behalf. When filing a lawsuit under the Federal False Claims Act, a team of highly experienced Retaliation Lawyers may be not only beneficial but extremely necessary. Most jurisdictions require these lawsuits be filed by a professional attorney since the claims are essentially being filed on behalf of the U.S. Government.
The legal process can be somewhat confusing at times, but we will be happy to take the lead. We will also gladly offer a free consultation to discuss your many available options. If you feel that you are a victim of whistleblower retaliation in any shape or form, please contact the experienced team of Hennig Ruiz Employment Retaliation Lawyers today.
Our offices generally represent clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that there is generally no fee for representation unless we obtain money for our clients.