Brandon Ruiz joined the firm in June of 2011 as an associate attorney. Brandon became a partner of the firm in January of 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Brandon was an associate with the Lewis Law Firm in Studio City working in plaintiff-side employment law, primarily representing individual plaintiffs against their employers or former employers.
Brandon has dedicated his entire legal career to plaintiff-side employment litigation. He believes that people should be able to work in an environment that treats them fairly and that does not force them to choose between doing what is right and getting a paycheck. His practice places an emphasis on sexual orientation discrimination and harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour violations. Brandon represents employees in disputes involving employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate, wage and hour violations, whistleblower retaliation, and wrongful termination. He has experience in litigation against both public entity and private employers including banks, retail establishments, hotels, and pharmaceutical companies. His clients have ranged from hourly line staff to high level executives.
Brandon received his J.D. with honors from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in 2009 and was admitted to practice law in the State of California in November of 2009. He received his B.A. in Sociology with honors from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 2006.
- California, 2009
- J.D. University of Illinois College of Law, honors (2009)
- Environmental Moot Court, best brief
- Intern, Los Angeles City Attorneys’ Office, Special Enforcement (2008)
- Intern, Champaign County State’s Attorneys’ Office (2008)
- B.A. University of California, Santa Cruz, high honors in major, honors overall (2006)
- U.C. Center Sacramento
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, Hispanic National Internship Program
- Phi Beta Kappa
- California Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- LEFTJAW (Legal Eagles for Truth, Justice and the American Way)
- Fluent in Spanish